Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
HR AnalystEmployeeStartup | MediaMath
Empowering the marketing profesional with data and technology
- Location: New York
- Date Posted: May 09, 2012
About This Job:
MediaMath is a confluence of media, technology and massive amounts of data. There is a transformation of an industry underway and MediaMath is at the cutting edge. Our engineers develop very complex, innovative, and highly scalable technology to change how advertising is bought, sold, and traded. Their breakthroughs create new market places, solve long-standing problems, and push new technology every day. It’s a very exciting company in a very exciting industry. Our platform handles billions of transactions per hour and we reach hundreds of millions of Internet and mobile users worldwide…and we're not done yet! The platform and tools we develop are built to scale because this revolution has just begun.
- High-level logical architecture through low-level detailed design and implementation, including:
- Partner with software engineering team to identify test automation strategy and corresponding infrastructure in support of testing product functionality and performance for next generation media applications.
- Work closely with development and product teams to identify product and technical requirements and create a comprehensive test suite
- Manage the execution of automated and manual testing to validate applications and identify issues or improvements
- Technical leadership and the ability to mentor and advise less experienced team members
- Responsible for developing major components of large, critical, enterprise applications.
- Critical thinking in solving complex problems on tight deadlines.
- Provide experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Build out QA team as the company grows
- 5 years, Should have good communication/documentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers, http, and html.
- Knowledge and experience with selenium or other web testing tool
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Good knowledge of Perl or other scripting language.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java or Python a plus.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows (admin).
- Proven ability to drill down to investigate failures and diagnose causes
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be self-managed and self-motivated
How do we reward our outstanding Math Men and Math Women? Well, we start with company equity, 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability benefits, 20 paid time off days, free on-site chair massages and our 401(k). We then serve-up flexible spending accounts (health care, dependent care, transit and parking), bagel Fridays, free snacks and sodas, and the latest and greatest technology you need to do your job (including a $250 biennial allowance for the latest smartphone). And the cherry on top? Monthly MathMixers—including Potlucks, Trivia Nights, softball in Central Park, and game nights to name a few.Tweet