Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
HR ManagerEmployeeStartup | American Society of Mechanical Engineers
ASME is a professional engineering association focused on technical, educational and research issues of the engineering community.
- Location: NY
- Date Posted: February 04, 2013
About This Job:
ASME has created a world-class, centralized Marketing and Sales Department which is playing a critical role in transforming the organization to becoming market-driven with respect to identifying customer needs, developing/managing a product and mission program portfolio and effectively communicating the value of these offerings. As a part of this effort, ASME has embarked in the re-design and re-engineering of its public facing website, ASME.org. We currently are seeking a Manager, Search Optimization. The Manager, Search Optimization is responsible for optimizing the search experience on ASME.org, taking into account the impending introduction of the new ASME.org Community Platform and aligning activities with ASME’s overall business goals.
This position has several key focus areas:
- owning and managing all search related activities from vision to execution, including strategy, partnering/resourcing, optimization/analysis, creative development and tools development;
- supporting the new ASME.org Community Platform search integration efforts that align with various strategic business and marketing goals
- improving organic rankings with external search engines, such as Google and Yahoo, and advising on all search engine marketing engagement efforts;
- support internal teams to drive multi-channel traffic and sales throughout the year, including new customer acquisition, membership acquisition and retention drives., and improving the connection between ASME and the online audience by delivering a robust search experience.
- managing third party relationships and all search related systems, tools and processes to ensure that our “search infrastructure” is well maintained.
The ideal candidate will be a search subject matter expert with experience defining and managing taxonomy, topic sets, synonyms lists and other content management related tasks that have an impact on the search experience. He/she will understand how to optimize various site elements, including site structure, link popularity and copywriting and developing ongoing customer reports, which yield qualitative and quantitative trends for ongoing SEO efforts. Additionally, he/she will bring a thought leadership mentality, excellent project management skills and a well-honed ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Journalism, Communication, or Liberal Arts or equivalent additional experience with minimum of five years experience managing an enterprise search platform – such as Vivisimo, Google, Microsoft, Coveo, across a number of website properties required.
In addition, candidate must possess advanced knowledge and analysis capabilities in the following disciplines: keyword research/list development, site content optimization, internal and external linking, search engine and directory submissions, traffic analytics and trending, analyzing and optimizing search on a web platform with an e-commerce and community components using content, meta tags, title tags, breadcrumbs, URL’s, SEO relevant copywriting/editing as tools to execute the search strategy.
A minimum of 1-3 years of SEM, SEO and social media reporting and analysis and the social web required. Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume, along with salary requirements to email@example.com.Tweet