Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Senior Rails EngineerEmployeeStartup | DaisyBill
DaisyBill is revolutionizing the process of electronic billing for treatment provided to the injured worker.
- Location: NYC
- Date Posted: December 13, 2012
About This Job:
DaisyBill is in Search of a CTO Teammate. We here at DaisyBill live the core values of a start-up: transparency, collaboration, passion, and smarts. We are deeply committed to our company and to our mission--we’re the good guys in our industry (but the kind of good guys who win). We’re in search of a talented, savvy CTO to grow with us.
- Learn a lot of new things rapidly.
- Manage the machine that you have grown.
- Become an external evangelist for our shared vision of the company.
As you grow from engineer to manager to evangelist, you will have your hand in every aspect of the business. We are still small enough that you can impact design, organization, messaging, and just about anything else you care to weigh in on. What we’re trying to say is that this job is as big as your abilities and passion can make it. But we’re growing fast, so come on board now and become an integral part of our executive team from the start. We are a small entrepreneurial team with solid financial backing and deep domain expertise. We have a long list of committed customers waiting for the beta launch of our product. Our development process is collaborative and emphasizes sustainable coding practices such as domain-driven design, test-driven development, pair programming, continuous integration, and smart design decisions. We have state-of-the-art continuous integration and continuous deployment infrastructure. Our product is relatively new (we started development in May 2012) which has allowed us to use current Ruby on Rails technology and we didn’t have to build around a ‘legacy’ system. Currently we are working out of Pivotal Labs NYC, but very soon we will be moving into our own loft around the corner from Union Square. Our product is based on open-sourced platforms. We have done a substantial amount of open source work and are excited about future open source contributions.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years senior experience
- Experience with test-driven development ("TDD")
- Interest in (or experience with) pair-programming
- Strong grounding in OOP and SOA principles
- Git / Github experience.
- Understand that hard work is a prerequisite for success
- Ability to coach less experienced developers
What you will do
- Develop new user facing features for our incredibly engaged customer base
- Lead a team of developers
- Work closely with the product owners to mold the future of the DaisyBill
What DaisyBIll offers...
- Startup culture
- Flexible hours
- Remote possibilities
- Laid back environment
- Casual dress
- Very competitive salary
How to apply: Email a copy of your resume, including the position for which you wish to apply, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only please!Tweet