Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Marketing Web DeveloperEmployeeNormal Company | The Perseus Books Group
Perseus Books Group is the leading provider of sales, marketing, distribution, and digital services, serving over 300 independent publishers
- Location: New York, NY
- Date Posted: October 22, 2012
About This Job:
Job Description: Marketing Web Developer The Perseus Books Group, New York, NY The Perseus Books Group, a leading independent publisher and distributor, is looking for a web developer to program cutting-edge online tools and maintain existing web platforms that support our digital marketing efforts. The web developer will report to the Central Marketing Department, a group that researches potential marketing partners, experiments with new approaches, and develops tools that benefit all of our imprints and distribution clients. The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver, highly organized, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. An interest in digital marketing and/or publishing is a plus. The web developer will join an enthusiastic, collaborative team tackling some of the biggest challenges facing an evolving industry.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop innovative new marketing platforms.
- Maintain existing marketing websites, online tools, and platforms, some of which run on undocumented legacy code.
- Revamp and rebuild older tools to meet current standards and improve functionality.
- Work with outside vendors to integrate their services into our online tools.
- Help evaluate technical capabilities of potential new vendors and identify integration issues.
- Liaise with our IT department to ensure new and updated platforms meet IT’s preferred standards and to prepare for any systems changes that would impact our platforms.
- Document code for new and existing sites.
- Partner with internal and external designers while working on projects. Some design experience is preferred but not required.
Required Skills: Strong understanding of the following:
- PHP 5
- PHP 4
Familiarity with the following:
- FreeBSD Server System Administration
- Apache HTTPD Serve
Experience: 5-8 years relevant experience and Bachelors degree required; further education is a plus.
About the Perseus Books Group
The Perseus Books Group is an independent company committed to enabling independent book publishers to reach their potential, whether those publishers are Perseus-owned, joint ventures or owned by third parties. Perseus publishing imprints include Avalon Travel, Basic Books, Basic Civitas, Da Capo Press, Da Capo Lifelong Books, PublicAffairs, Running Press, Seal Press, Vanguard Press and Westview Press, as well as partnerships with The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company, The Nation Institute, and The Weinstein Company. Through Consortium, Perseus Distribution, and Publishers Group West, as well as through its Constellation digital service offering which also supports Argo Navis Author Services and Faber Factory Powered by Constellation, the Perseus Books Group is the leading provider of sales, marketing, distribution, and digital services, serving over 300 independent publishers.