Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Technology JobsEmployeeNormal Company | ESPN
The Worldwide Leader in Sports
- Location: NYC/Bristol, CT
- Date Posted: September 25, 2012
About This Job:
ESPN.com is looking for developers and engineers to join the team that creates one of the world’s greatest online sports destinations. Our developers conceive, develop, and deploy industry-leading web products and applications -- technology drives many of the most successful, popular, and highest-profile features on ESPN.com and ESPN mobile applications, including WatchESPN, Fantasy Football League Manager, RealTime Scores, GameCast, SportsCenter.com, Scorecenter and countless others. This is your chance to play a leading role in the creation of industry-leading robust technology applications that are used by millions of sports fans across the globe, every single day. ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation. ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Assists the technology staff with the development and maintenance of ESPN.com and ESPN mobile applications from the ESPN.com front page to real-time automated pages to fantasy games to video.
- Provides general technical support and troubleshooting.
- Collaborates and coordinates projects between software engineering, design, editorial, and sales groups.
- Develops interfaces to content management systems
- Is responsible for the development and enhancement of editorial and web publishing tools
- Assists in the technical analysis and evaluation of new technologies, products, and product enhancements.
- Identifies areas for site improvement, adding features and functionalities where appropriate to augment the fan experience
- Mentors fellow developers in the technical development of features for the website.
- Leads the development of assigned projects and tasks.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with a structured programming language (Java, C/C++, ASP, JSP, PHP, etc.) and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously, requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Ability to self-motivate while operating effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for sports!
- Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related technology field.