Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
FounderEmployeeStartup | Tidal
Tidal's contributed content tech leverages passion. We power fashion for Condé Nast, romance for HarperCollins and home tips for Bob Vila.
- Location: Midtown NYC
- Date Posted: August 31, 2012
About This Job:
Tidal is a startup that connects the most passionate people online to the world's biggest brands. Our leading social publishing platform powers fashion communities for Condé Nast, home tips for Bob Vila, romance addicts for HarperCollins and adds community to Sony Music's Popmarket ecommerce store. See one of our many sites at http://contributors.luckymag.com And then join us at the forefront of the contributed journalism revolution. As community manager you’ll function as a liaison between our influential contributors, and our clients- helping to create engagement, and harness great content.
Specifically you’ll be:
- Recruiting and emailing with hundreds of the top bloggers, assisting them in using our platform.
- Managing our seven live community-driven sites, reviewing and editing the best new posts from bloggers around the country and working as the primary point of contact with the client editorial teams.
- Creating newsletters and other social promotion items to keep the community engaged.
- Soliciting feedback from our network on new feature ideas, distilling that feedback and sharing it with the product team.
- Assisting on marketing materials and sales pitches.
This position will start 20 hours a week, paying a decent hourly. One to two days a week in our midtown NYC office, with some working time from home. It can then transition to a full time position, or stay flexible. Either way you’ll be working to create the best community management team on the planet- going to events and constantly learning. You should have 2-5 years experience in online community management, social media management, blogging and online editorial. You should be an excellent writer and communicator and probably have a blog of your own. You've tried out every new social web tool out there and know how to get the word out through grassroots PR. Write us a cover letter letting us know why you’re the perfect candidate for the job. Be sure to include links to your blog, Twitter, and Linkedin profiles. Maybe even make a video to get a better idea of who you are!Tweet