Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Front-End DeveloperEmployeeNormal Company | Quirky, Inc
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community & Quirky's experts
- Location: New York, NY
- Date Posted: August 09, 2012
About This Job:
Quirky is a social product development™ company that brings consumer product ideas from sketch to store every week, and rewards the thousands of contributors to these products with a share of the revenue generated by their sale. We make invention accessible and are revolutionizing the way consumer products are made. Our products are regularly featured on blogs such as TechCrunch, Gizmodo and Engadget, and we have also been profiled by a number of publications ranging from the New York Times to Parade Magazine. We have several retail partnerships including Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. We even had our very own reality show! (http://www.sundancechannel.com/quirky/). Quirky is a well-funded startup with offices around the world and over 60 employees in our New York Headquarters. We are seeking to hire an exceptional front-end developer who will help us change the product development industry by making invention accessible to all.
As a front-end developer at Quirky, you will be responsible for:
- working with UX/UI designers and the technology team to create wireframes for new website and mobile applications
- rapid prototyping and user testing for new website features
- "cutting up" UI wireframes and graphic design elements into deployable web components
- building and maintaining the quirky.com website frontend
- establishing agile UI development standards & best practices
- cross-browser testing and mobile compatibility
At minimum, you will have at least some professional experience with the following technologies and software. These are the tools that we work with everyday and that we expect you to hit the ground running with. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Expert knowledge of standards compliance and cross-browser / mobile compatibility
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
Additionally, as your code will be deployed in a high-volume e-commerce production environment, performance tuning and testing will be critical to success.
Building a global product development company is no small task and we are seeking individuals excited by the challenge and who have experience with the following areas of our business. The more you can bring to the table, the more we will have to talk about.
- Ruby on Rails web development
- Mobile/Tablet UI development
- iPad/iPhone development
- Issue Tracking (Jira)
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Startup Experience
Ideally, you will have experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites. Attention to detail and dedication to quality are non-negotiable.
*Relocation available for well-qualified candidates.* Apply Via: http://quirky.theresumator.com/apply/q7kqJs/FrontEnd-Developer.htmlTweet