Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Senior Data AnalystEmployeeStartup | All Out
AllOut.org is a global movement dedicated to achieving full equality for LGBT everywhere.
- Location: New York City
- Date Posted: June 15, 2012
About This Job:
ALLOUT.ORG Senior Data Analyst
About All Out: All Out is a new organization building the global movement for LGBT equality. Our brilliant team is working each day to bring together the largest alliance of straight, gay, lesbian, bi and trans people ever assembled. Our mission: to build a world where everyone, everywhere can live freely and love who they choose. In our first year, All Out’s growth has been explosive - we have nearly 1,000,000 members from every country on the globe - but numbers aren't what we're most proud of. By working online and offline and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region, All Out is having a real impact. Our viral campaigns and content are inspiring individuals to speak out and pressuring powerful actors to stand against hate and homophobia.
About the Senior Data Analyst role: All Out is constantly improving our campaigning techniques by understanding our successes and failures. The Senior Data Analyst’s job is to make sure that understanding is based on scientific measurement rather than intuition or best guesses. The job is to understand All Out’s campaigning style and organizational goals, and use the right metrics and analysis so that campaigners can see and learn from our results. Many times campaigners or other staff will suggest things to test; the Senior Data Analyst will make sure those tests are done in way that yields statistically valid results. Other times the Senior Data Analyst will propose tests directly, or derive insights into best practices from analyzing existing data. This encompasses our webpages, email streams, online advertising and social media – all the ways in which we interact with our members and the public online.
- Work with campaign staff and technical staff to design experiments which reveal best practices for generating email opens, clicks, website conversions, and donations
- Analyze, summarize, and present experiment conclusions in a manner accessible to non-technical decision makers
- Monitor and improve the quality of our data hygiene and organization
- Excellent SQL skills
- You consider a statistics package like R, STATA, or SPSS to be an indispensable part of your toolkit
- Experience running A/B tests
- Broad understanding of web, email, and social media data
- Ability to translate statistical information into accessible concepts for non-technical staff
- Know how to use regression and segmentation techniques to build models
- Previous analytics work for online political or social campaigns
- Experience with international, multi-lingual, and multi-currency analysis
- Creative ideas on using public data sets to derive additional insights into our work
- Ability to manipulate data using a language like Python or Ruby
- A global sensibility, foreign language skills, global policy expertise and/or global work experience.
Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience. All Out is a virtual organization and staff members are based all over the world; we accept applications from any location. We’re an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds. To apply, please email your CV and brief cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Data Analyst”. PLEASE ALSO CUT AND PASTE YOUR CV INTO THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. No calls please.Tweet