Some Other Cool NY Tech Jobs
Ruby Lead DeveloperEmployeeStartup | All Out
AllOut.org is a global movement dedicated to achieving full equality for LGBT everywhere.
- Location: New York City
- Date Posted: June 15, 2012
About This Job:
Ruby Lead Developer
About All Out: All Out is a new organization building the global movement for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality. Our brilliant team is working each day to bring together the largest alliance of straight, gay, lesbian, bi and trans people ever assembled.
Our mission: to build a world where everyone, everywhere can live freely and love who they choose. In our first year, All Out’s growth has been explosive - we have nearly 1,000,000 members from every country on the globe - but numbers aren't what we're most proud of. By working online and offline and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region, All Out is having a real impact. Our diverse team operates in a fast-paced, startup environment, driven by progressive social values and a collaborative, but highly autonomous culture.
About the Ruby Lead Developer role: Our team of developers is responsible for maintaining, improving, and expanding the AllOut.org website and the various digital tools we use to engage our members around the world. The Lead Developer will drive our digital tools development, email deliverability, and analytics reporting workstreams. We're a small team and the Lead Developer will need to jump in and get hands on with the code base. In addition, the Lead Developer will spend some time managing our team of coders and analysts. This person will play a key role in shaping our organizational development and ensuring that we have an even greater impact on the global LGBT community.
As a key member of the senior team, you will:
- Create and maintain a technology roadmap for the organization
- Build our dev team
- Be responsible for the stability and security of our platform, as well as developing new functionality
- Flexible and able manage workstreams effectively in the face of changing priorities
- Elegant Ruby coder
- History of working successfully with remote team members
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Love of precision and attention to detail
Bonus if you have:
- Strong experience in an international nonprofit or NGO
- Experience with multi-language websites that accept multi-currency payments
- Familiarity with agile/iterative methodology
- Experience with mobile/SMS platforms
- A sophisticated understanding of technology and experience building technology businesses or products
- A global sensibility and/or global work experience.
Pay and benefits are competitive and based on experience. All Out is a virtual organization and staff members are based all over the world. Because of time zone considerations, preference for the Lead Developer position will be given to applicants based in North or South America. We’re an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. To apply, please email your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ruby Lead Developer”. PLEASE ALSO CUT AND PASTE YOUR CV INTO THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. No calls please.Tweet